Another Fine Mes
Another fine twist on the Manhattan
First, to dissolve the maple syrup, combine it with the rye and tequila, stirring at room temperature. Then combine all ingredients in a mixing glass full of ice. Stir while thinking about Laurel and Hardy. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Add the garnish.
“I'm always trying to come up with new variations of the Manhattan (Dale DeGroff’s Man O' War recipe changed my life), and I loves me some tequila! My Lady and I just picked up some maple syrup at the local greenmarket that day, and I wanted to use it in a cocktail, so there you have it. Cheers!” Brendan Casey.
|Created by||Brendan F Casey, Café Centro, New York, NY|
|Reference||Gaz Regan's Annual Manual for Bartenders: 2011|
|Posted by||jerryc123 on 12/01/2010|
From other users
First sip tasted like the tequila was going to overwhelm the drink, but it ended up blending with the other flavors. Nice variation on the Manhattan. A whole lot of orange with some pepper and smoke from the tequila.
- Vieux Mode — Bourbon, Triple sec, Suze, Bitters
- Tennessee Winter — Tennessee whiskey, Orange liqueur, Sweet vermouth, Orange bitters
- The Lorelei — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Cinnamon Schnapps, Orange bitters
- Liberal — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Amer Picon, Orange bitters
- Grand ol' Fashioned — Bourbon, Cherry Liqueur, Orange liqueur, Bitters
- The Irons — Rye, Orange Curaçao, Aperol, Orange bitters, Lemon peel
- Talent Scout — Bourbon, Curaçao, Bitters, Lemon peel
- The Rebennack — Rye, Amaro, Orange liqueur
- Solstice — Rye, Triple sec, Allspice Dram
- Bushwick — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Amer Picon