Another fine twist on the Manhattan
|1||oz||Tequila, Don Julio Reposado|
|1⁄2||oz||Triple sec, Combier L'Original Liqueur D'Orange|
|1⁄2||oz||Sweet vermouth, Carpano Punt e Mes|
|2||ds||Bitters, Fee Brothers Old Fashion|
|2||ds||Orange bitters, Regans' orange bitters|
First, to dissolve the maple syrup, combine it with the rye and tequila, stirring at room temperature. Then combine all ingredients in a mixing glass full of ice. Stir while thinking about Laurel and Hardy. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Add the garnish.
“I'm always trying to come up with new variations of the Manhattan (Dale DeGroff’s Man O' War recipe changed my life), and I loves me some tequila! My Lady and I just picked up some maple syrup at the local greenmarket that day, and I wanted to use it in a cocktail, so there you have it. Cheers!” Brendan Casey.
From other users
- First sip tasted like the tequila was going to overwhelm the drink, but it ended up blending with the other flavors. Nice variation on the Manhattan. A whole lot of orange with some pepper and smoke from the tequila.
- Change. Name Dolly Patron.
- Heathen VC — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Armagnac, Bitters, Triple sec, Absinthe
- Meatpacker — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Limoncello, Bitters
- Floridita Special — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Triple sec, Amer Picon, Bitters, Sugar
- Scottish Autumn — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Applejack, Drambuie, Bitters
- McClellan's Curse — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Absinthe, Bitters, Allspice Dram
- The Lorelei — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Cinnamon Schnapps liqueur, Orange bitters
- Sabotta Dusk — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Cognac, Averna, Bitters
- The Director — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Amer Picon, Ginger Brandy
- The Soother — Jamaican rum, Cognac, Orange Curaçao, Apple juice, Simple syrup, Lemon
- Lloyd 100 — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Bourbon, Absinthe, Allspice Dram