Combier Original liqueur d'Orange is a brand of orange liqueur known as Triple Sec made in the Saumur region of France since 1834. Founded by Jean-Baptiste Combier and his wife, Combier produced the first Triple Sec, some forty years before the better known Cointreau.
Combier Original is still made in the same way it was in the mid-19th century, including the zesting of oranges by hand. The sweet peels of Valencia oranges from Spain and the bitter peels of Haitian oranges are macerated in alcohol, then distilled three times. This blend is flavored with local spices, some sugar is added, and the liqueur is bottled at 80 proof.
Some popular cocktails containing Combier L'Original Liqueur D'Orange
- Hocus Pocus — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Triple sec, Fernet Branca, Orange peel
- Lime Blossom — Gin, Triple sec, Elderflower liqueur, Lime juice, Orange flower water, Lime peel
- Pantone — Bourbon, Triple sec, Kummel, Lemon juice, Beet juice, Ginger syrup, Salt Solution
- Arrack and a Hard Place — Amaretto, Batavia Arrack, Triple sec, Jamaican rum, Bitters, Lime juice
- Darkside Iced Tea — Rye, Fernet Branca, Triple sec, Trinidad rum, Cola, Demerara syrup, Lemon juice, Lemon