Rye is an American whiskey stilled from rye and other grains. The term rye is also used to refer to Canadian rye whiskey which has very little rye flavor and is usually made with little rye grain.
Some popular cocktails containing Rye
- Sazerac 1962 — Rye, Peychaud's Bitters, Herbal liqueur, Sugar cube, Lemon peel
- Vieux Carré — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Cognac, Bénédictine, Bitters, Peychaud's Bitters
- Queen City — Rye, Aromatized wine, Bitters, Amaro, Grapefruit peel
- Trinidad Sour — Bitters, Rye, Orgeat, Lemon juice
- Mint Tea Julep — Rye, Zucca, Mint, Demerara syrup