Orange bitters are a type of cocktail bitters where the flavor of sweet or bitter oranges predominates. While orange bitters were very popular in the 19th century bar, they fell out of favor, and it was only in the mid-1990's that commercial versions of orange bitters reappeared on the market.
There are three major producers of orange bitters:
Some popular cocktails containing Orange bitters
- Dark and Orangey — Dark rum, Ginger liqueur, Triple sec, Orange bitters, Lime juice, Lemon peel
- Teenage Riot — Rye, Cynar, Amontillado Sherry, Dry vermouth, Orange bitters
- Creep — Campari, Mirto, Orange bitters, Grapefruit juice
- Red Danube — Zwack liqueur, Sweet vermouth, Campari, Orange bitters, Lime juice
- Martini — Gin, Dry vermouth, Orange bitters, Lemon zest