Orange bitters are a type of cocktail bitters where the flavor of sweet or bitter oranges predominates. While orange bitters were very popular in the 19th century bar, they fell out of favor, and it was only in the mid-1990's that commercial versions of orange bitters reappeared on the market.
There are three major producers of orange bitters:
Some popular cocktails containing Orange bitters
- World Cup — Cachaça, Amaro Nonino, Orange bitters, Demerara syrup, Tangerine, Lime
- Apples and Oranges — Apple brandy, Elderflower liqueur, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- The Search for Delicious — Cynar, Sweet vermouth, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Lemon peel, Salt
- Mayan French Piccadilly — Gin, Aromatized wine, Xtabentun, Bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, Orange bitters
- Smoking Jacket — Blended Scotch, Sweet vermouth, Cynar, Orange bitters