Orange bitters are a type of cocktail bitters where the flavor of sweet or bitter oranges predominates. While orange bitters were very popular in the 19th century bar, they fell out of favor, and it was only in the mid-1990's that commercial versions of orange bitters reappeared on the market.
There are three major producers of orange bitters:
Some popular cocktails containing Orange bitters
- Conquistador (Jaime Salas) — Reposado Tequila, Manzanilla sherry, Crème de Cacao, Ancho Reyes Ancho Chile Liqueur, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- SunRye — Campari, Rye, Orange bitters, Orange peel, Orange juice
- Northern Lights (Christian Clark) — Gin, Herbal liqueur, Orange bitters, Absinthe
- Mayan French Piccadilly — Gin, Aromatized wine, Xtabentun, Bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, Orange bitters
- Smoking Cap — Ruby Port, Gin, Falernum, Gunpowder Rum, Orange bitters