Orange bitters are a type of cocktail bitters where the flavor of sweet or bitter oranges predominates. While orange bitters were very popular in the 19th century bar, they fell out of favor, and it was only in the mid-1990's that commercial versions of orange bitters reappeared on the market.
There are three major producers of orange bitters:
Some popular cocktails containing Orange bitters
- 2 to 2 — Aperol, Absinthe, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Orange peel
- Martini — Gin, Dry vermouth, Orange bitters, Lemon zest
- The Teddy — Crème de Noyaux, Bourbon, Orange bitters, Bitters, Bitter lemon soda, Sugar
- Sex In the Rumble Seat — Old Tom Gin, Apple brandy, Dry vermouth, Peach liqueur, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Grenadine
- Smoking Jacket — Blended Scotch, Sweet vermouth, Cynar, Orange bitters