Orange bitters are a type of cocktail bitters where the flavor of sweet or bitter oranges predominates. While orange bitters were very popular in the 19th century bar, they fell out of favor, and it was only in the mid-1990's that commercial versions of orange bitters reappeared on the market.
There are three major producers of orange bitters:
Some popular cocktails containing Orange bitters
- Goya's Coup de Gras — Blanco tequila, Sweet vermouth, Orange bitters, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Smoky Grove — Scotch, Dry vermouth, Sweet vermouth, Orange bitters, Bitters, Orange peel
- Revelation — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Fernet Branca, Orange bitters, Cherry
- The Riviera — Gin, Orange bitters, Egg white, Simple syrup, Lemon juice, Mint
- Tipperary Cocktail (Dead Rabbit) — Irish whiskey, Sweet vermouth, Herbal liqueur, Orange bitters, Water, Simple syrup