Orange bitters are a type of cocktail bitters where the flavor of sweet or bitter oranges predominates. While orange bitters were very popular in the 19th century bar, they fell out of favor, and it was only in the mid-1990's that commercial versions of orange bitters reappeared on the market.
There are three major producers of orange bitters:
Some popular cocktails containing Orange bitters
- Scofflaw 2 — Rye, Dry vermouth, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Grenadine
- Broken English — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Strega, Fernet Branca, Bénédictine, Peychaud's Bitters, Orange bitters, Grapefruit peel
- Goya's Coup de Gras — Blanco tequila, Sweet vermouth, Orange bitters, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Cuatro Naranjas — Añejo tequila, Aperol, Orange liqueur, Campari, Orange bitters, Lime peel, Orange peel, Lime juice
- Revelation — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Fernet Branca, Orange bitters, Cherry