Orange bitters are a type of cocktail bitters where the flavor of sweet or bitter oranges predominates. While orange bitters were very popular in the 19th century bar, they fell out of favor, and it was only in the mid-1990's that commercial versions of orange bitters reappeared on the market.
There are three major producers of orange bitters:
Some popular cocktails containing Orange bitters
- Mayan French Piccadilly — Gin, Aromatized wine, Xtabentun, Bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, Orange bitters
- Victor Victoria — Blanco tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Herbal liqueur, Orange bitters, Lime juice
- Don's Little Bitter — Rum, Fernet Branca, Bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Eeyore's Requiem — Campari, Bianco Vermouth, Gin, Cynar, Fernet Branca, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- Pig's Punch — Rye, Bénédictine, Orange bitters, Apple cider, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Sage