Orange bitters are a type of cocktail bitters where the flavor of sweet or bitter oranges predominates. While orange bitters were very popular in the 19th century bar, they fell out of favor, and it was only in the mid-1990's that commercial versions of orange bitters reappeared on the market.
There are three major producers of orange bitters:
Some popular cocktails containing Orange bitters
- Dark and Orangey — Dark rum, Ginger liqueur, Triple sec, Orange bitters, Lime juice, Lemon peel
- Root of All Evil — Bourbon, Orange liqueur, Maraschino Liqueur, Fernet Branca, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- The Teddy — Crème de Noyaux, Bourbon, Orange bitters, Bitters, Bitter lemon soda, Sugar
- Victor Victoria — Blanco tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Herbal liqueur, Orange bitters, Lime juice
- Conquistador (Jaime Salas) — Reposado Tequila, Manzanilla sherry, Crème de Cacao, Ancho Reyes Ancho Chile Liqueur, Orange bitters, Orange peel