Orange bitters are a type of cocktail bitters where the flavor of sweet or bitter oranges predominates. While orange bitters were very popular in the 19th century bar, they fell out of favor, and it was only in the mid-1990's that commercial versions of orange bitters reappeared on the market.
There are three major producers of orange bitters:
Some popular cocktails containing Orange bitters
- 2 to 2 — Aperol, Absinthe, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Orange peel
- New Jersey Transit — Bourbon, Orange bitters, Bitters, Apple cider, Demerara syrup, Orange peel
- The Charlatan — Sweet vermouth, Campari, Cherry Liqueur, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- Margara — Añejo tequila, Orange liqueur, Cynar, Orange bitters, Lime juice
- Revelation — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Fernet Branca, Orange bitters, Cherry