|1||ds||Bitters, Bittermens Xocolatl Mole (optional)|
|1||Orange peel (optional, flamed, as garnish)|
Stir, strain, rocks glass, no ice
Lord Hobo (Cambridge, MA) uses Mole bitters, a flamed orange swatch garnish and Vya sweet vermouth)
A modernized and refined Boulevardier.
From other users
- Superb cocktail. Even without the garnish and bitters, an improvement over the Boulevardier.
- I like this one even better than the Boulevardier, the Mole bitters are a nice addition.
- Substitute Elijah Craig 12-yr bourbon for the rye and add an extra dash of the bitters to get a "Left Hand Cocktail," per The PDT Cocktail Book.
- Delicious! A keeper. Could be better than a Manhattan. But like a Negroni with Rye.
- Really good; use a light touch on the mole bitters.