Bourbon, Campari, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Maraschino cherry
Stir, stain, straight up, cocktail glass, garnish
The original called for Bittermen's Sweet Chocolate bitters, a one-off bitters made by a measuring error when making their Mole bitters.
This recipe previously listed a variation using rye, regular sweet vermouth, and omitting the bitters. Corrected thanks to a comment by Campus Five.
|Created by||Sam Ross, Milk & Honey and Little Branch, New York, NY|
|Reference||Dark Spirits, A. J. Rathbun, Melissa Punch|
|Posted by||Dan on 06/06/2010|
From other users
Boy that cherry was good at the end.
Beautiful color. Blood just starting to dry. Very inviting aroma. Spicy, and very old school. Ladies and gentlemen, Do not call. We have a winner! Best showcase for chocolate bitters yet!
- Little Italy — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Cynar, Maraschino cherry, Maraschino cherry syrup
- Black Manhattan — Bourbon, Amaro, Bitters, Maraschino cherry
- Boulevardier — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Campari, Maraschino cherry
- The Front Street — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Amaro, Maraschino Liqueur, Maraschino cherry
- Mountain Man — Bourbon, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Maraschino cherry, Aromatized wine, Orange bitters
- Slope — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Apricot liqueur, Bitters, Maraschino cherry
- Rambler — Rye, Dry vermouth, Amaro, Maraschino Liqueur, Maraschino cherry
- Rob Roy — Scotch, Sweet vermouth, Peychaud's Bitters, Maraschino cherry, Lemon peel
- Spanish Harlem (bourbon) — Bourbon, Bitters, Maraschino cherry, Pedro Ximinez Sherry, Cherry juice
- SAMCRO — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Peychaud's Bitters, Maraschino cherry, Cinnamon Schnapps, Club soda, Aromatized wine