Sparkling white wine, Gin, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Lemon zest
Shake all but wine, strain into ice-filled highball glass, top with chilled wine.
Also very good with cognac. Said to have the power of a 75mm howitzer.
|Created by||Harry MacElhone, Harry's New York Bar, Paris.|
|Posted by||Dan on 11/12/2010|
|Quickstart Cocktails||Vintage Cocktails|
From other users
The standard, but boring.
These can really sneak up on you.
Delicous, festive cocktail. A great cocktail that appeals to a wide variety of drinkers, from wine lovers to craft cocktail geeks. Add more simple syrup and it serves as a good alternative to so-called girlie drinks.
- Wearing Jorts, Grinning Madly — Sparkling white wine, Gin, Absinthe, Grapefruit juice, Lemon juice, Orange marmalade, Grapefruit peel
- French 75 (Elderflower) aka French 77 — Champagne, Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Bell Weather — Prosecco, Vodka, Almond syrup, Blueberry shrub, Lemon juice
- The Gateway — Champagne, Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Bitters, Aromatized wine, Lime juice, Mint, Cucumber
- Stockholm 75 — Sparkling white wine, Aquavit, Bitters, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Lemon peel
- Bitter Herb — Sparkling white wine, Gin, Fernet Branca, Orange peel
- 23 Skiddoo — Sparkling white wine, Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Simple syrup, Lemon juice, Thyme
- The Midtown — Sparkling white wine, Gin, Grenadine, Mint, Lemon, Lemon peel
- Bert Cooper — Champagne, Gin, Crème Yvette, Maraschino Liqueur, Meyer lemon juice, Meyer lemon zest
- Christopher Tracy's Parade (Raspberry Beret Edition) — Sparkling rosé wine, Gin, Absinthe, Raspberry syrup, Raspberry, Aphrodite bitters