Lemon zest is the peel of the lemon, which is cut into small, uniform pieces, typically with a citrus zester. The small size of the peel pieces means that better extraction of flavor can be achieved with a smaller amount of peel. Smaller pieces of peel are also less noticeable in finished dishes.
Some popular cocktails containing Lemon zest
- French 75 — Sparkling white wine, Gin, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Lemon zest
- Martini — Gin, Dry vermouth, Orange bitters, Lemon zest
- Jalisco Stroll — Blanco tequila, Campari, Dry vermouth, Salt, Lemon zest
- The Sanny — Bourbon, Cynar, Maraschino Liqueur, Celery bitters, Lemon zest
- Southeastern Cocktail — Cachaça, Bénédictine, Cynar, Amaro Abano, Grapefruit bitters, Lime juice, Lemon zest