Tequila, Cynar, Fino sherry, Orange bitters
Stir with ice, roll bitters in chilled snifter, strain into snifter, garnish. Extra-wide orange twist, Stir, Straight Up, Snifter
Challenging. Quite bitter. I drank it on the rocks, and it mellowed nicely. Otherwise would need to cook some. Might benefit from more sherry.
|Created by||The Art of the Bar by Jeff Hollinger and Rob Schwartz|
|Posted by||Dan on 06/06/2010|
From other users
Made with Calle 23 blanco, not anejo. Very good. Bitter and, with that blanco, very peppery-- might be worth trying with some Abano.
A challenging drink to linger over.
- Latin Trifecta — Cynar, Tequila, Dry sherry, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- Teenage Riot — Rye, Cynar, Amontillado Sherry, Dry vermouth, Orange bitters
- Fumidus — Cynar, Scotch, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Lemon juice
- Colonel Carpano — Bourbon, Cynar, Sweet vermouth, Peychaud's Bitters, Orange peel
- Scotland Yard — Cynar, Scotch, Lemon juice
- The Missus — Amontillado Sherry, Cynar, Rhum Agricole, Bitters
- The Sanny — Bourbon, Cynar, Maraschino Liqueur, Celery bitters, Lemon zest
- Mole Hill — Rye, Cynar, Bitters, Amaro
- The Man Comes Around — Cynar, Brandy, Mezcal, Fernet Branca, Bitters, Mint
- Growing Old Cocktail — Cynar, Rye, Pastis, Lemon zest, Salt