Champagne, Gin, Crème Yvette, Maraschino Liqueur, Meyer lemon juice, Meyer lemon zest
Shake gin, Meyer lemon juice, Meyer lemon zest, and Maraschino with ice; strain into a chilled Champagne flute with a Meyer lemon spiral at the bottom. Pour Champagne. Float Crème Yvette.
Green Chartreuse makes a good float too, if you'd like it to be more of a Royal Word than a high-flying Aviation. Regular old lemon would probably work well for those who don't like the thyme-y herbaceousness of Meyer zest. More austere and funky than a French 75; good for those who want something festive and effervescent but a bit more challenging.
"She was born in 1898 in a barn. She died on the 37th floor of a skyscraper. She was an astronaut." -Bertram Cooper.
|Created & posted by||DrunkLab on 03/27/2013|
- Colette — Sparkling rosé wine, Blanco tequila, Cappelletti Aperitivo, Aromatized wine, Herbal liqueur, Orange bitters, Grapefruit peel
- Gargoyle & Spire — Champagne, Gin, Strega, Simple syrup, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- Brasserie Lebbe — Champagne, Pear eau de vie, Vanilla liqueur, Lemon juice
- Bitter Herb — Sparkling white wine, Gin, Fernet Branca, Orange peel
- Champagne Antoine — Champagne, Gin, Dry vermouth, Herbal liqueur, Lemon peel