Tanqueray is a brand of modern gin made by the Tanqueray company of London. It is made from a base of four-times-distilled neutral grain spirits. Standard Tanqueray is quite juniper-forward and is 86 proof.
Tanqueray 10 has a different the botanical bill from standard Tanqueray with the inclusion of white grapefruit, oranges and limes in addition to juniper, angelica and coriander. It was introduced in 2000. Tanqueray 10 is softer than standard Tanqueray, with a lifted citrus aroma, a juicy midpalate, and a heavy, oily mouthfeel. It is bottled at 94.6 proof, the same as standard Tanqueray.
Some popular cocktails containing Tanqueray
- The Magnolia Tree — Gin, Orange Curaçao, Campari, Herbal liqueur, Lemon juice
- Eeyore's Requiem — Campari, Bianco Vermouth, Gin, Cynar, Fernet Branca, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- Mayan French Piccadilly — Gin, Aromatized wine, Xtabentun, Bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, Orange bitters
- Easy Out — Gin, Aperol, Campari, Grapefruit juice, Raspberry syrup
- Gin-Gin Mule — Gin, Ginger beer, Lime, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Ginger, Mint