Rye, Elderflower liqueur, Campari, Crème de Violette, Lime juice
Shake with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with 7 evil exes.
As a nod to the namesake character's constantly changing hair color, other flower-based liquids can/should be substituted for the Crème de Violette at the drinker's discretion. A couple dashes of Rose Water (which amps up the floral aspect) or Orange Flower Water (which severely tames the bitterness) both work nicely. Crème Yvette, Hum, Lavender Liqueur or Bitters, etc. might also be worth trying.
|Created & posted by||bevx on 02/04/2013|
From other users
Lovely looking and nice tasting. The floral notes didn't come through that strongly for me, but the sweet/bitter flavors are balanced well.
- Northern Lights — Blended Scotch, Elderflower liqueur, Eau de Vie of Douglas Fir, Bitters, Lemon juice, Orange juice, Rich demerara syrup 21
- Son of a Preacher Man — Bourbon, Elderflower liqueur, Absinthe, Grapefruit juice, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Orange bitters
- Redline — Rye, Campari, Elderflower liqueur, Maraschino Liqueur, Bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, Absinthe, Grapefruit juice, Lemon juice
- El Peppino Fresco — Tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Peychaud's Bitters, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Cucumber
- Nishla Tequila Orange Campari — Añejo tequila, Campari, Elderflower liqueur, Orange juice, Orange peel
- Bawdy Max — Tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Sweet vermouth, Lemon juice, Herbal liqueur
- Prosecutor — Rye, Elderflower liqueur, Lemon juice, Herbal liqueur
- Maximilian Affair (tequila) — Tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Sweet vermouth, Lemon juice
- Rosalita — Brandy, Campari, Lemon
- St Germain Sidecar — Cognac, Elderflower liqueur, Lemon juice