New York Sour
Rye, Red wine, Curaçao, Lemon juice, Water, Sugar
Muddle sugar with water, add all but wine, shake, strain, cocktail glass, float wine.
Also see New York Sour (Cognac) variation.
Originally was 1 Tbsp of sugar, reduced to 1 tsp as suggested by David Wondrich
|Reference||http://cocktailvirgin.blogspot.com/2009/04/new-york-sour.html, David Wondrich, Imbibe|
|Posted by||Dan on 07/18/2012|
From other users
Very good made with Byrrh instead of red wine. It does sink, though, rather than float. A gentle stir is needed.
- Scofflaw 2 — Rye, Dry vermouth, Lemon juice, Orange bitters, Grenadine
- Rosarita — Tequila, Lemon juice, Herbal liqueur, Simple syrup, Rosemary
- Don Franco Penicilina — Tequila, Rum, Lime juice, Honey Ginger Syrup, Gomme syrup
- Champs Elysées — Brandy, Bitters, Lemon juice, Herbal liqueur, Fine sugar
- Lazy Bear — Jamaican rum, Rye, Bitters, Honey syrup, Lime juice
- Little Bit Country — Bourbon, Maraschino Liqueur, Bitters, Lemon juice, Grade B maple syrup, Orange bitters, Orange peel, Jalapeño
- Freeman's Cocktail — Rye, Lemon juice, Pomegranate molasses, Simple syrup, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- Clermeil — Añejo rum, Allspice Dram, Lime juice, Herbal liqueur, Maple syrup
- Rattle-Snake Cocktail. — Rye, Lemon juice, Egg white, Rich simple syrup 2:1, Absinthe
- Ginger Envelope — Brandy, Ginger Wine, Lemon juice