Rye, Sweet vermouth, Aperol, Amaro, Bitters, Orange peel
Stir, strain, straight up, cocktail glass, garnish
Originally known as the Red Carpet, this cocktail evolved, gained sweet vermouth and bitters, and changed name. Recipe is from an e-mail directly from the creator.
|Created by||Bob McCoy, Eastern Standard, Boston, MA|
|Posted by||Dan on 06/06/2010|
From other users
Not bad, emphasizes the spice on the rye, but not overly differentiated in profile.
Made using old Red Carpet recipe: A pleasant Manhattan-esque cocktail. Made with Carpano Antica. Used Wild Turkey rye. Rittenhouse would probably be more rye-forward. Made with Carpano Antica. Try Punt e Mes next time.
- Grounds for Separation — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Amaro, Aperol, Bitters
- the Sixth Borough — Rye, Amaro, Herbal liqueur, Orange bitters
- Curari Cocktail — Rye, Amaro, Ruby Port, Orange bitters
- Jackson Ward — Rye, Amaro, Sweet vermouth, Wormwood bitters, Orange bitters, Lemon peel
- The Perseverance Cocktail — Rye, Amaro, Sweet vermouth, Aromatized wine, Orange bitters
- Grounds For Divorce — Bourbon, Campari, Amaro, Sweet vermouth
- Two Birds — Rye, Aperol, Sweet vermouth, Crème de Cacao, Bitters
- A Bitter Pill to Swallow — Rye, Amaro, Bitters, Aromatized wine, Orange peel
- Midnight in Manhattan — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Amaro, Bitters
- 1492 — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Campari, Bitters, Lemon peel, Salt