Elijah Craig is a brand of Bourbon whisky made by the Heaven Hill distillery in Bardstown, Kentucky under the supervision of Master Distillers Parker and Craig Beam, who are descendants of Jim Beam.
Named after the Reverend Elijah Craig, who first introduced the process of aging raw corn distillate in charred oak barrels, Elijah Craig has two bottlings: a 12 year old, 94 proof Bourbon that is drawn from the middle and upper floors of traditional rickhouses and an 18 year old, 90 single barrel version that loses 66 percent of its volume to evaporation (called Angel's Share) over the 18 years it spends in the barrel.
Some popular cocktails containing Elijah Craig
- Paper Plane — Amaro Nonino, Aperol, Bourbon, Lemon juice
- Gun For Hire — Bourbon, Averna, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Islay Scotch
- Lancaster County — Bourbon, Peach schnapps liqueur, Bitters, Maple syrup
- Left Hand — Bourbon, Campari, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Maraschino cherry
- Midnight Stinger — Bourbon, Fernet Branca, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Mint