A Boston variant of a S'pore Sling
|1 1⁄2||oz||Gold rum, Ragged Mountain (Use any Barbados-style rum you like. Using Brugal gold might please Big Papi.)|
|3⁄4||oz||Cherry shrub (Homemade, and red for the Sox)|
|1||ds||Bitters, Bittermens Burlesque (Change up to other fruit- or spice-based bitters ad lib. or per pitcher sign)|
Build over ice in highball, toss into mixing glass and back to combine, top with seltzer, give brief stir.
Varies from Baker's canonical Singapore Sling by using tart cherry shrub instead of cherry cordial and lime, though a lime wedge squeezed and pitched in like Lester would be a nice addition. Named for my 'hood in Boston, and appropriately red.
Swizzled in state of deep thirst à la minute 7/5/11.
|Created & posted by||Rob Marais on 07/05/2011|
|Reference||Baker's Singapore Sling from this site|
- El Corazon — Reposado Tequila, Sweet vermouth, Aperol, Cherry, Cherry Bitters, Grapefruit peel
- Big Ben — Rye, Genever, Bénédictine, Orange bitters
- Dolores no.5 — Gold rum, Coffee liqueur, Rhubarb bitters, Sherry, Grenadine, Gunpowder Rum, Clove tincture, Orange peel
- The Voyager — Gold rum, Falernum, Bénédictine, Bitters, Lime juice, Lime
- Resting Point — Reposado Tequila, Sweet vermouth, Agave syrup, Lemon juice, Herbal liqueur, Strawberry
- Lavender Old Fashioned — Bourbon, Genever, Bitters
- Back to Town — Reposado Tequila, Aromatized wine, Plain shrub, Bolivar Bitters
- You'll Shoot Your Eye Out — Gold rum, Bénédictine, Becherovka, Cinnamon syrup, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- Goldenrod — Reposado Tequila, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Herbal liqueur, Lemon peel
- Gun Club Shrub — Gold rum, Triple sec, Pineapple juice, White balsamic vinegar, orange oleo-saccharum