A Boston variant of a S'pore Sling
|1 1⁄2||oz||Gold rum, Ragged Mountain (Use any Barbados-style rum you like. Using Brugal gold might please Big Papi.)|
|3⁄4||oz||Cherry shrub (Homemade, and red for the Sox)|
|1||ds||Bitters, Bittermens Burlesque (Change up to other fruit- or spice-based bitters ad lib. or per pitcher sign)|
Build over ice in highball, toss into mixing glass and back to combine, top with seltzer, give brief stir.
Varies from Baker's canonical Singapore Sling by using tart cherry shrub instead of cherry cordial and lime, though a lime wedge squeezed and pitched in like Lester would be a nice addition. Named for my 'hood in Boston, and appropriately red.
Swizzled in state of deep thirst à la minute 7/5/11.
- Gibbons Boost — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Cassis, Peychaud's Bitters
- Mountain Man — Bourbon, Aromatized wine, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Orange bitters, Maraschino cherry
- Magpies Cocktail — Bourbon, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Ginger beer, Lime juice, Ginger, Basil
- Blushing Monk — Bourbon, Herbal liqueur, Cynar, Lemon juice, Raspberry syrup, Mint
- Rambler — Rye, Dry vermouth, Amaro Nonino, Maraschino Liqueur, Maraschino cherry
- Nation Of Two — Bourbon, Herbal liqueur, Sweet vermouth, Black peppercorns
- "How High the Moon" Manhattan — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Cherry shrub
- Tennessee — Rye, Maraschino Liqueur, Maraschino cherry, Lemon juice
- Autumn Leaves — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Apple brandy, Strega, Cinnamon syrup
- Quinquina Cocktail — Cognac, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Apricot liqueur, Absinthe, Lemon zest