Seltzer water is a synonym for soda water. Originally, though, seltzer water was Selters water, named for its source, the German town of Selters that is famous for having naturally occurring springs of carbonated mineral water. Water has been bottled and shipped from Selters since the 18th century.
Some popular cocktails containing Seltzer water
- Gin-Gin Mule — Gin, Ginger liqueur, Orange bitters, Seltzer water, Lime juice, Mint
- Bitter Grapefruit Fizz — Aperol, Campari, Seltzer water, Lime juice, Lime
- Oh Noni No — Aromatized wine, Amaro Nonino, Seltzer water, Lemon
- Likely Doubtful — Bitters, Curaçao, Batavia Arrack, Egg white, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Seltzer water
- Selinon Soother (OG Version) — Gin, Bianco Vermouth, Jamaican #1 bitters, Seltzer water, Lemon juice, Celery syrup, Simple syrup, Lemon peel