Designed to highlight the flavors of Appletons Rum.
|1 1⁄2||oz||English-style rum, Appleton V/X|
|1⁄2||oz||Sloe gin, Bitter Truth|
|1⁄2||oz||Simple syrup (1:1)|
|1||oz||Soda water (to top)|
Shake all ingredients except soda water in a cocktail shaker, double strain into a highball over ice and top with soda. Garnish with an orange twist.
Use a lighter style Sloe Gin, Haymans being too heavy.
First made for a female customer that wanted something 'fruity' and refreshing, I was going to use white rum but the house pour ran out and I was too lazy to go get a new bottle, so I reached for Appletons. Tweaked for an Appletons competition with Appletons Rum being the dominant flavor and easily accessible ingredients in mind.
From other users
- Light and refreshing but still a serious drink
- Tijuana Trick — Reposado Tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Egg white, Lime juice, Orange juice, Simple syrup
- The S.O.S. — Light rum, Aperol, Lime juice, Maple syrup, Club soda
- Cucumber Collins — Rum, Cucumber soda, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Papa Doble — Light rum, Maraschino Liqueur, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Grapefruit juice
- Daiquiri (Sweeter) — Light rum, Simple syrup, Lime juice
- Millionaire #4 — Jamaican rum, Sloe gin, Apricot liqueur, Lime juice, Lime
- Apple Sidecar (Clear Creek) — Vodka, Apple brandy, Simple syrup, Lemon juice, Tangerine juice, Tangerine peel
- Apple and Eve — Bison grass vodka, Lemon juice, Gomme syrup, Brown sugar, Egg white, Apple
- Jules Verne — Reposado Tequila, VeeV Acai Spirit, Elderflower liqueur, Lime juice, Agave syrup
- Shabash — Dark rum, Apricot liqueur, Lemon bitters, Lime juice