Reverse Cynar Manhattan of sorts
Combine in a mixing glass then add large ice cubes. Stir then strain over large ice. Garnish with an orange peel expressed and inserted.
A very long flavor ride from sweet to spicy to bitter and back.
|Created by||Kyle Davidson, The Violet Hour, Chicago|
|Posted by||Sasquatch on 12/14/2010|
From other users
As suggested by someone here, tried it with Ramazzotti and like it. Next time I'll bump the bourbon up in the mix (just a tad sweeter than I like it). I'll also try it with Rye.
As was said, good Manhattan alternative.
Excellent Manhattan sub. Cynar adds welcome bitter undertones. A real Friday unwinding drink.
Excellent and will try upping the Antica next time
Absolutely delicious. The small amount of CAF is apparent. Nice lingering bitter. Made with Knob Creek.
- A Long Day — Cynar, Sweet vermouth, Añejo tequila, Grapefruit bitters, Orange bitters
- The Sanny — Bourbon, Cynar, Maraschino Liqueur, Celery bitters, Lemon zest
- Latin Trifecta — Cynar, Tequila, Dry sherry, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- Teenage Riot — Rye, Cynar, Amontillado Sherry, Dry vermouth, Orange bitters
- Choke Artist — Tequila, Cynar, Fino sherry, Orange bitters
- Growing Old Cocktail — Cynar, Rye, Pastis, Lemon zest, Salt
- The Man Comes Around — Cynar, Brandy, Mezcal, Fernet Branca, Bitters, Mint
- Bitterblossom — Cynar, Crème de Violette, Bourbon, Bitters, Orange peel
- Wander Back — Sweet vermouth, Cynar, Mezcal, Grapefruit peel
- Choke Let Malt — Scotch, Cynar, Pale Ale, Bitters