Reverse Cynar Manhattan of sorts
|1 1⁄2||oz||Bourbon, Buffalo Trace|
|3⁄4||oz||Sweet vermouth, Carpano Antica Formula|
Combine in a mixing glass then add large ice cubes. Stir then strain over large ice. Garnish with an orange peel expressed and inserted.
A very long flavor ride from sweet to spicy to bitter and back.
From other users
- Absolutely delicious. The small amount of CAF is apparent. Nice lingering bitter. Made with Knob Creek.
- Didn't have orange, but that would add a nice element. Used punt e mes, delicious.
- Excellent and will try upping the Antica next time
- Excellent Manhattan sub. Cynar adds welcome bitter undertones. A real Friday unwinding drink.
- As was said, good Manhattan alternative.
- As suggested by someone here, tried it with Ramazzotti and like it. Next time I'll bump the bourbon up in the mix (just a tad sweeter than I like it). I'll also try it with Rye.
- 12/27/16: Really, really good. I think I prefer this to a manhattan.
- A Long Day — Añejo tequila, Sweet vermouth, Cynar, Grapefruit bitters, Orange bitters
- Sin Cyn — Sweet vermouth, Cynar, Speyside Scotch, Orange peel
- The Sanny — Bourbon, Cynar, Maraschino Liqueur, Celery bitters, Lemon zest
- Growing Old Cocktail — Cynar, Rye, Pastis, Lemon zest, Salt
- Teenage Riot — Rye, Cynar, Amontillado Sherry, Dry vermouth, Orange bitters
- Bitterblossom — Bourbon, Crème de Violette, Cynar, Bitters, Orange peel
- Italian Heirloom — Cynar, Islay Scotch, Blended Scotch, Salt, Lemon peel
- Choke Let Malt — Scotch, Cynar, Pale Ale, Bitters
- Sonic Titan — Islay Scotch, Cynar, Zwack Unicum, Wormwood bitters, Crème de Cacao, Sea salt
- Black Diamond Flip — Islay Scotch, Cynar, Nutmeg, Whole egg