|1||oz||Irish whiskey, Redbreast (Cask strength)|
|1||oz||Jamaican rum (Dead Rabbit Jamaican rum blend; see note)|
|1||oz||Port, Graham's (Graham's LBV)|
|3||ds||Bitters, Dr Adam Elmegirab's Orinoco Bitters|
|1||pn||Nutmeg (as garnish)|
Shake hard, double strain into a cocktail glass over one fresh block of ice, top with grated nutmeg.
The Dead Rabbit wanted a more molasses-driven, high alcohol rum to replicate the Jamaican rum described in 19th century literature, and, unable to find a commercial example that matched that profile, created a house blend. Theirs is a mix of Cruzan Blackstrap, Smith & Cross, and Banks 7; any funky dark rum should work here, augmented by either a dash of the Cruzan or a touch of actual molasses.
From other users
- Bright, rich, dark flavors: raspberry, molasses, hogo, grape, citrus, nutmeg. Wow.
- Bologna Sour — Bourbon, Lambrusco, Montenegro, Bitters, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Planters Punch (Simple) — Jamaican rum, Grenadine, Lime juice, Lemon juice
- Brix Layer (variation) — Red wine, Bourbon, Triple sec, Bitters, Simple syrup, Orange juice, Lime juice, Lemon juice
- Baby Don't You Change — Trinidad rum, Aromatized wine, Campari, Riesling, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Test Pilot — Jamaican rum, Light rum, Triple sec, Falernum, Absinthe, Bitters, Maraschino cherry, Lime juice
- O'Gara — Tennessee whiskey, Tawny port, Cynar, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Trafalgar — Rum, Brandy, Red wine, Orange liqueur, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Piedmont Sour — Bourbon, Chinato, Orange juice, Lemon juice, Orgeat
- Lagniappe — Rye, Blackberry syrup, Lemon juice, Hot sauce
- The Last Gentleman — Drambuie, Speyside Scotch, Licor 43, Honey syrup, Lemon juice