Bankers Are Wankers
Irish whiskey, Port, Jamaican rum, Bitters, Lime juice, Raspberry syrup, Nutmeg
Shake hard, double strain into a cocktail glass over one fresh block of ice, top with grated nutmeg.
The Dead Rabbit wanted a more molasses-driven, high alcohol rum to replicate the Jamaican rum described in 19th century literature, and, unable to find a commercial example that matched that profile, created a house blend. Theirs is a mix of Cruzan Blackstrap, Smith & Cross, and Banks 7; any funky dark rum should work here, augmented by either a dash of the Cruzan or a touch of actual molasses.
|Created by||Jack McGarry, The Dead Rabbit, NYC.|
|Posted by||DrunkLab on 08/29/2013|
From other users
Bright, rich, dark flavors: raspberry, molasses, hogo, grape, citrus, nutmeg. Wow.
- Scofflaw — Rye, Dry vermouth, Grenadine, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- Baby Don't You Change — Trinidad rum, Campari, Riesling, Lemon juice, Aromatized wine, Simple syrup
- Whiskey Sour — Whiskey, Maraschino cherry, Lemon juice, Egg white, Simple syrup, Orange
- Billionaire — Bourbon, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Grenadine, Absinthe bitters, Lemon
- Piedmont Sour — Bourbon, Chinato, Orange juice, Lemon juice, Orgeat
- El Presidente — Añejo rum, Triple sec, Dry vermouth, Grenadine, Orange peel
- Ward Eight — Rye, Maraschino cherry, Lemon juice, Orange juice, Grenadine, Orange
- Bourbon Renewal — Bourbon, Cassis, Bitters, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Wild Eyed Rose — Irish whiskey, Grenadine, Lime juice
- Volstead (revised) — Rye, Swedish Punsch, Pastis, Orange juice, Grenadine