Jamaican rum is a type of rum made on the island of Jamaica. Jamaican rums tend to be medium bodied, with plenty of fruity estery aromas that come from the native fermentation of sugars instead of adding cultured yeast.
Appleton Estate is probably the best known brand of Jamaican rum.
Some popular cocktails containing Jamaican rum
- Pressgang Swizzle — Old Tom Gin, Jamaican rum, Bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, Grapefruit juice, Lime juice, Orgeat, Ginger syrup
- Portwine Stain — Cynar, Jamaican rum, Port, Demerara Rum, Bitters
- Siren of the Tropics — Jamaican rum, Port, Crème de Banane, Crème de Cacao, Bitters, Lime juice, Nutmeg
- Honeymusk — Jamaican rum, Cynar, Lemon juice, Pineapple syrup
- Wedderburn or Bite — Cynar, Jamaican rum, Lemon juice