Redbreast is a brand of Irish Whiskey made at New Midleton Distillery by Irish Distillers, a subsidiary of Pernod-Ricard. The brand was introduced in the early 20th century by an independent bottler of Jameson's, the brand was absorbed into the Irish Distillers conglomerate 1990.
Redbreast is one of the few remaining Irish whiskeys that is pot-distilled. It is aged in a mixture of predominately used Sherry casks, with a small percentage of used Bourbon barrels. Redbreast comes in a 12 year version and a 15 year old limited release that was introduced in 2010.
Redbreast is much fuller bodied and oilier in mouthfeel than most Irish whiskeys.
Some popular cocktails containing Redbreast
- The Westie — Irish whiskey, Galliano, Drambuie, Bitters, Brandied cherry, Lemon juice
- Tammany Hall — Irish whiskey, Genever, Sweet vermouth, Bénédictine, Bitters, Cherry, Lemon peel
- Bankers Are Wankers — Irish whiskey, Port, Jamaican rum, Bitters, Lime juice, Raspberry syrup, Nutmeg
- Fosbury Flip — Armagnac, Irish whiskey, Apricot liqueur, Bitters, Cream, Whole egg, Cinnamon syrup, Nutmeg
- Head of Steam — Irish whiskey, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Pedro Ximénez Sherry, Orange peel