The Search for Delicious
Cynar, Sweet vermouth, Lemon juice, Orange bitters, Lemon peel, Salt
Start with one "baker's" pinch of salt in a rocks glass. Add the Cynar and briefly stir. Add the Punt e Mes, bitters, lemon juice and ice. Stir briefly to incorporate. Taste, looking for only the faintest hint of salt. If the drink tastes salty, throw out your first attempt and adjust your salt levels. When the salt level is correct, express the oil from five swatch of lemon peel onto the surface of the cocktail, dropping one in along the side of the glass, skin side facing in. An 1/8 rim of salt will allow your guest to experiment with a few salty sips. Making the following sips pleasantly sweet, which will not make your brain hurt.
|Created by||Kirk Estopinal, Cure, New Orleans, LA|
|Posted by||endless_optimism on 05/25/2011|
From other users
Experiment with lemon juice.
Fantastic. Easy on the salt as you can add more, but can't take it out easily. Use 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Cyanara — Cynar, Simple syrup, Lemon juice, Mint, Basil
- Deep Six — Cynar, Demerara syrup, Lemon juice, Mint, Salt
- Drink of Laughter and Forgetting — Cynar, Bitters, Lime juice, Rich demerara syrup 2:1, Herbal liqueur
- Wedderburn or Bite — Cynar, Jamaican rum, Lemon juice
- Scotland Yard — Cynar, Scotch, Lemon juice