A palate-twister from the isthmus of Panama
You then give it a Hebrew shake and pop a cherry on top. Say Hallelujah after drinking.
Bilgay apparently sent out postcards listing the ingredients as shown above....many thousands went out, and a million dollar lawsuit was instituted.
|Created by||Originated by Max Bilgray, of Colon, Pananma around 1929 and dedicated to Aimee Semple McPherson (a controversial evangelist of the era) as a result of an alleged visit to his Bilgray's Tropic Bar and Cabaret.|
|Reference||The Gentleman's Companion, Charles H. Baker (1939)|
|Posted by||rwilde on 02/19/2012|
- Manhattan (Silver Whiskey) — Bénédictine, Dry vermouth, Bitters, Oat Whiskey
- Zombie — Jamaican rum, Puerto Rican Rum, Demerara Rum, Falernum, Bitters, Pastis, Crushed ice, Lime juice, Grapefruit juice, Grenadine, Cinnamon syrup, Mint
- Marconi Wireless — Applejack, Sweet vermouth, Orange bitters
- Salvadoran Flor — Rum, Bitters, Tea, Honey
- Alamagoozlum Cocktail — Genever, Jamaican rum, Bitters, Curaçao, Water, Herbal liqueur, Gomme syrup, Egg white
- Dolores no.3 — Cachaça, Islay Scotch, Peychaud's Bitters, Aromatized wine, Crème de Figue, Lemon peel, Absinthe
- Bumblebee — Dark rum, Bitters, Egg white, Lime juice, Honey, Orange peel
- Cobbler's Dream — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Elderflower liqueur, Peychaud's Bitters, Absinthe, Brandied cherry
- Foglia Noce (Walnut Leaves) — Applejack, Nocino, Bitters
- Green Havana — Licor 43, Rum, Water, Herbal liqueur