Añejo (aged) rum is a type of rum that spends time in an oak barrel. While there are few legal requirements to use the term añejo, in a given producer's range, a rum with the añejo designation should spend at least a few years in barrel.
Some popular cocktails containing Añejo rum
- Clermeil — Añejo rum, Herbal liqueur, Allspice Dram, Lime juice, Maple syrup
- Omaha Sling — Añejo rum, Falernum, Ginger ale, Blackberry shrub, Lemon juice
- Caribbean Coffee Crush — Añejo rum, Falernum, Fernet Branca, Simple syrup, Pineapple
- Ja Mon — Cachaça, Dark rum, Falernum, Añejo rum, Orange bitters, Walnut Liqueur, Grapefruit juice, Lime juice
- 100-Year-Old Cigar — Añejo rum, Bénédictine, Cynar, Islay Scotch, Absinthe