Añejo (aged) rum is a type of rum that spends time in an oak barrel. While there are few legal requirements to use the term añejo, in a given producer's range, a rum with the añejo designation should spend at least a few years in barrel.
Some popular cocktails containing Añejo rum
- Caribbean Coffee Crush — Añejo rum, Falernum, Fernet Branca, Simple syrup, Pineapple
- Clermeil — Añejo rum, Herbal liqueur, Allspice Dram, Lime juice, Maple syrup
- Omaha Sling — Añejo rum, Falernum, Ginger ale, Blackberry shrub, Lemon juice
- The Miller Shake — Añejo rum, Demerara Rum, Coconut liqueur, Calvados, Bitters, Egg white, Lemon juice, Lime juice, Rich demerara syrup 2:1, Black Cardamom
- Hurricane Sterba — Añejo rum, Falernum, Fernet Branca, Virgin Islands Rum, Lime juice