Añejo (aged) rum is a type of rum that spends time in an oak barrel. While there are few legal requirements to use the term añejo, in a given producer's range, a rum with the añejo designation should spend at least a few years in barrel.
Some popular cocktails containing Añejo rum
- Clermeil — Añejo rum, Herbal liqueur, Allspice Dram, Lime juice, Maple syrup
- Omaha Sling — Añejo rum, Falernum, Ginger ale, Blackberry shrub, Lemon juice
- El Presidente — Añejo rum, Triple sec, Dry vermouth, Grenadine, Orange peel
- All Good Things — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Añejo rum, Peychaud's Bitters, Herbal liqueur, Fernet Branca
- Outre-Mer — Añejo rum, Genepy, Sweet vermouth, Lime juice