|1||oz||Lime juice (or lemon)|
|4||dr||Bitters, Angostura (as garnish)|
Shake without ice, then add ice and shake again until frothy. Strain into chilled flute. Garish with drops of bitters.
Both Chile and Peru claim this as their drink. The South American "Limon" is closer to the North American lime.
From other users
- Can increase simple to 3/4 or 1 oz for those with sweeter taste
- It has been suggested that I should make this with a teaspoon of superfine raw sugar in place of the simple syrup, and a meyer lemon or a key lime. It sounds interesting.
- Increase syrup a bit
- Salt of the Earth — Blanco tequila, Triple sec, Lime juice, Agave syrup
- The Mediation — Pisco, Limoncello, Cognac, Bitters, Lime juice, Egg white
- Tommys Margarita — Blanco tequila, Lime juice, Agave syrup
- Pisco Flower — Pisco, Crème de Violette, Maraschino Liqueur, Lemon juice
- Silver Monk — Blanco tequila, Herbal liqueur, Lime juice, Mint, Cucumber, Salt
- The S.O.S. — Light rum, Aperol, Lime juice, Maple syrup, Club soda
- Torres del Paine — Pisco, Cynar, Gran Classico, Lemon juice, Orange peel, Lemon peel
- Penicillina — Tequila, Mezcal, Lime juice, Agave syrup, Ginger
- Rhum Cocktail Marilene — Rhum Agricole, Bitters, Lime juice, Sugar
- Navy Grog — Demerara Rum, Dark rum, Light rum, Soda water, Grapefruit juice, Lime juice, Honey