Gin, Lime cordial
Stir together. For an authentic shipboard Gimlet, do not add ice.
To make lime cordial, peel 4 limes, and juice 8 of them to make 1 cup of lime juice. Strain the juice and divide in half. Make a 2:1 simple syrup from half the lime juice, 1 tsp of citric acid and the peels, reducing the syrup slightly until thick. Remove from the heat, let cool, and add the remaining lime juice. Strain again and bottle. For a modern touch, a makrut (kaffir) lime leaf or two can be added to the syrup.
McElhone's book calls for equal parts, and I figure that this is a small drink.
|Created by||Harry McElhone|
|Reference||The ABCs of Mixing Cocktails|
|Posted by||Zachary Pearson on 08/23/2013|
- Brave Benbow — Gin, Old Tom Gin, Campari, Lime cordial, Kaffir lime
- Bronx Bomber — Gin, Dry vermouth, Sweet vermouth, Orange juice, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Orange peel
- Just Let Me Sleep Here for a Few More Days — Gin, Allspice Dram, Sugar, Lime juice
- Fig Bee's Knees — Gin, Bitters, Honey syrup, Lime juice
- Bittered Gimlet — Gin, Bitters, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Yuletide Monkey Gland — Gin, Absinthe, Orange juice, Grenadine, Clove tincture
- Melon Stand — Gin, Aperol, Watermelon juice, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Confused Limey (name still being worked on) — Gin, Triple sec, Apricot liqueur, Grapefruit bitters, Lime juice
- The 40th Lady — Gin, Triple sec, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Jamaican #1 bitters, Egg white
- Tuscan Rosemary Lemon Drop — Vodka, Limoncello, Simple syrup, Lemon juice, Rosemary