|1 1⁄2||oz||Gin (Earl Grey-infused)|
|1||twst||Lemon peel (as garnish)|
Shake hard 10 seconds, strain, straight up, cocktail glass half-rimmed with sugar, garnish
Infuse 750ml Tanqueray gin with 4 T (17 g) loose Earl Grey tea for 2 hours, fine sieve or filter, refrigerate.
This cocktail garnered attention when the New York officials cited Pegu Club for serving raw egg without notice, despite notice on the cocktail menu.
From other users
- So much better than its name. One of Audrey Saunders's masterpieces.
- Gin Sour — Gin, Bitters, Egg white, Simple syrup, Lime juice
- Pear Pink Lady — Gin, Pear eau de vie, Egg white, Grenadine, Lemon juice
- Awakening — Gin, Licor 43, Honey syrup, Lemon juice, Lime juice
- Le Marseille Fruits Fizz — Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Orange bitters, Egg white, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Fruit, Club soda
- Brave Benbow — Gin, Old Tom Gin, Campari, Lime cordial, Kaffir lime leaf
- Fig Bee's Knees — Gin, Bitters, Honey syrup, Lime juice
- Just Let Me Sleep Here for a Few More Days — Gin, Allspice Dram, Sugar, Lime juice
- Positively 12th Street — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Damson gin liqueur, Cassis, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Lemon peel
- Naval Gimlet — Gin, Lime cordial
- Hell's Bells — Old Tom Gin, Pimm's No. 1 Cup, Absinthe, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Red Bell Pepper