|3⁄4||oz||Triple sec, Cointreau|
Shake, strain, straight up, cocktail glass rinsed with absinthe
Jim Meehan, PDT recommends Plymouth gin and Pontarlier absinthe. Originally, this calls for 1/4 wineglasses (=1/2 oz) of each.
The Savoy calls for a dash of absinthe, rather than the more modern rinse.
From other users
- Creole Shrubb + Bonal Gentiane Quina esp. good
- Interesting NYTimes piece suggests absinthe up to scant teaspoon. http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/04/21/case-study-cocchi-americano-waking-the-dead/
- A great sour, enhanced by the absinthe rinse. I can understand the rationale behind more absinthe, to add back notes. I also garnished with a twist.
- MUST use Cocchi Americano instead of Lillet Blanc.
- Made with Plymouth gin and Cocchi Americano. Delicious!