Corpse Reviver #2
Gin, Triple sec, Absinthe, Aromatized wine, Lemon juice
Shake, strain, straight up, cocktail glass rinsed with absinthe
Jim Meehan, PDT recommends Plymouth gin and Pontarlier absinthe. Originally, this calls for 1/4 wineglasses (=1/2 oz) of each.
The Savoy calls for a dash of absinthe, rather than the more modern rinse.
From other users
Made with Plymouth gin and Cocchi Americano. Delicious!
MUST use Cocchi Americano instead of Lillet Blanc.
A great sour, enhanced by the absinthe rinse. I can understand the rationale behind more absinthe, to add back notes. I also garnished with a twist.
Interesting NYTimes piece suggests absinthe up to scant teaspoon. http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/04/21/case-study-cocchi-americano-waking-the-dead/
Creole Shrubb + Bonal Gentiane Quina esp. good
- Star Daisy — Orange Curaçao, Applejack, Gin, Lemon juice
- Wakeup Juice — Gin, Triple sec, Pimm's No. 1 Cup, Grapefruit bitters, Lemon juice
- Thai cooler — Triple sec, Vodka, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Ginger, Basil
- Dusty Tail — Gin, Pimm's No. 1 Cup, Bitters, Orange juice, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Cincorita — Blanco tequila, Chambord, Triple sec, Lime juice, Agave syrup
- Communist — Gin, Cherry Liqueur, Orange juice, Lemon juice
- Between the Sheets (Jerusalem's) — Gin, Triple sec, Cognac, Lemon juice
- Lemon Drop — Citrus vodka, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Lemon
- Apple Sidecar (Clear Creek) — Vodka, Apple brandy, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Tangerine juice, Tangerine peel
- The Music Orange — Gin, Falernum, Bitters, Orange juice, Lemon juice, Egg white