Bitter Mai Tai
Campari, Jamaican rum, Curaçao, Lime juice, Orgeat
Shake and strain into an Old Fashioned glass over crushed ice, garnish with a mint sprig.
|Created by||Jeremy Oertel, Brooklyn's Dram, NY|
|Reference||WSJ 3/5/11 http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405274870461550457617251405820691...|
|Posted by||nick on 03/05/2011|
From other users
Very good with Cynar as well.
try 1:1:.75:.75:.25 rum/campari/lime/orgeat/cointreau
Quite bitter, and a bit odd. The combination of the expected sweet / tropical Mai Tai flavors with the bright bitter citrus Campri is somewhat jarring. Still very good. Jeff loved it.
I made this with Cynar instead of Campari. The bitter does a good job of balancing the sweet, with a nice hit of funky rum flavor from the S&C.
- The Runaway — Bitters, Rye, Batavia Arrack, Orgeat, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- Trinidad Sour — Bitters, Rye, Orgeat, Lemon juice
- Last Ango — Bitters, Jamaican rum, Lime juice, Orgeat, Pineapple syrup
- Stormy Mai Tai — Bitters, Curaçao, Light rum, Lime juice, Orgeat, Mint
- My Fair Lady — Amaro, Rye, Grapefruit juice, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Herbal liqueur, Salt Solution, Grapefruit peel
- Witchy Woman — Campari, Light rum, Bitters, Orange juice, Lime juice, Orgeat
- Corpse Reviver #3 — Triple sec, Campari, Brandy, Lemon juice
- Trinidad Especial — Bitters, Pisco, Orgeat, Lime juice
- Basin Street Blues — Amaro, Pimm's No. 1 Cup, Simple syrup, Orange juice, Lemon juice
- Corpse Reminder #1 — Campari, Triple sec, Ginger liqueur, Peychaud's Bitters, Lemon juice, Lemon peel