|1 1⁄2||oz||Rye (go for higher proof)|
|1⁄2||oz||Applejack (or apple brandy)|
|1||ds||Grenadine (pomegranate concentrate or grenadine)|
Combine in a mixing glass and fill with ice; stir well and strain into chilled cocktail glass. Twist a bit o’ lemon peel over the drink and discard, and garnish with a few pomegranate seeds.
From other users
- A bit strong with Wild Turkey 101. Used Carpano Antica for the Dubbonet and pomegranate molasses.
- Identical (except for amount of grenadine) to the "Solstice" cocktail in The PDT Cocktail Book. That recipe calls for .25 oz of grenadine.
- Not all that great, I used Rittenhouse 100 and instead of Nonino I used Averna. The drink just seems to fall flat close to the finish, maybe the amaro not melding in nicely there.
- Brown Bomber — Tennessee whiskey, Aromatized wine, Suze
- Brunswick — Cognac, Dry vermouth, Amer Picon, Bénédictine
- A Bitter Pill to Swallow — Rye, Aromatized wine, Amaro Abano, Bitters, Santa Maria al Monte, Orange peel
- Fort Point — Rye, Chinato, Apricot liqueur, Lemon peel
- No Sleep 'Til... — Rye, Dry vermouth, Curaçao, Bitters, CioCiaro, Orange peel
- Therapeutic Agent — Cognac, Bianco Vermouth, Whiskey, Fernet Branca
- Sabotta Dusk — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Cognac, Averna, Bitters
- Myrtle — Tennessee whiskey, Aromatized wine, Allspice Dram, Peychaud's Bitters
- Heathen VC — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Armagnac, Bitters, Triple sec, Absinthe
- Ophelia — Bourbon, Chinato, Crème de Cacao, Bitters