|1 1⁄2||oz||Scotch, Balvenie 12 Doublewood|
|1⁄2||oz||Orange liqueur, Solerno blood orange liqueur|
|1||oz||Lemon peel (as garnish)|
Stir over ice and strain into a chilled champagne flute. Add the garnish.
This drink was named for The Alchemist, a fabulous book by Brazilian storyteller Paulo Coehlo. If you haven’t read it, you might want to think about putting it onto your list.
- Scottish Hill — Scotch, Sweet vermouth, Orange liqueur, Aromatized wine, Orange bitters
- Bombay Cocktail (No.2) — Brandy, Sweet vermouth, Dry vermouth, Triple sec, Absinthe
- Mountains, Rivers, and Desert — Reposado Tequila, Aromatized wine, Orange bitters, Gran Classico, Orange peel
- Rob Roy (Smokey and Funky) — Scotch, Sweet vermouth, Dry vermouth, Maraschino Liqueur, Orange liqueur, Orange bitters, Peychaud's Bitters
- Affinity — Scotch, Sweet vermouth, Dry vermouth, Bitters, Lemon peel
- Hoots Mon — Scotch, Sweet vermouth, Aromatized wine
- Lovecraft in Brooklyn — Rye, Jamaican rum, Aromatized wine, Madeira, Grapefruit bitters, Bitters, Orange peel
- Tequila Armada — Reposado Tequila, Bianco Vermouth, Fino sherry, Orange bitters
- The Bottom Line — Islands Scotch, Manzanilla sherry, Bärenjäger, Bitters, Orange bitters, CioCiaro
- Manhattan Cocktail No. 1 (Savoy) — Dry vermouth, Rye, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Maraschino Liqueur