Puerto Rican rum is a type of rum made on the Island of Puerto Rico. Rums made in this style are column distilled and quite light, scarcely differentiating white Puerto Rican rums from vodka. Puerto Rico is a huge producer of rum, though sugar cane harvesting has all but disappeared from the island.
There are a handful of large distillers in Puerto Rico, the best known being Bacardi. Other producers include Captain Morgan, Ron Rico, and Don Q.
Some popular cocktails containing Puerto Rican Rum
- Love Burns — Puerto Rican Rum, Sparkling rosé wine, Chinato, Grapefruit bitters, Simple syrup, Lemon juice
- Morantum — Puerto Rican Rum, Crème de Fraise, Orange juice, Maple syrup, Balsamic Vinegar
- Samoan Fog Cutter — Puerto Rican Rum, Cream Sherry, Brandy, Gin, Ice, Lemon juice, Orange juice, Orgeat
- The Fogcutter — Puerto Rican Rum, Brandy, Cream Sherry, Gin, Lemon juice, Orange juice, Orgeat
- Jet Pilot — Jamaican rum, Demerara Rum, Puerto Rican Rum, Falernum, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Ice, Grapefruit juice, Lime juice, Cinnamon syrup