Cassis is another name for creme de cassis, or blackcurrant liqueur. Cassis the liqueur should not be confused with Cassis the white wine growing region in southern France. In a perfect world, a Kir would be a cold glass of Cassis the wine with the addition of cassis liqueur.
Some popular cocktails containing Cassis
- Sea of Cortez — Blanco tequila, Cassis, Triple sec, Lime juice
- Blackcurrant Knickerbocker — Demerara Rum, Triple sec, Cassis, Lemon juice, Blackcurrant preserves
- Cassis Caipirinha (Cassis Batida) — Cachaça, Cassis, Lime
- Teresa 2 — Campari, Gin, Cassis, Lime juice
- Sweet Moonlight — Old Tom Gin, Cassis, Crème de Violette, Crème de Cacao, Egg white, Lemon juice