Averna is a digestif amaro from Sicily. It was invented in 1868 by Salvatore Averna, and is primarily citrus flavored, but also contains other herbs and roots. It is colored with caramel.
Some popular cocktails containing Averna
- La Cola Nostra — Champagne, Guatemalan rum, Averna, Allspice Dram, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Lemon
- Guyanese Missile Crisis — Rum, Coffee liqueur, Averna, Orange peel, Cream, Demerara syrup
- Averna Jimjam — Averna, Apricot liqueur, Lemon juice
- Rebannack — Rye, Averna, Strega, Peychaud's Bitters, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- Start and Finish — Averna, Absinthe, Aromatized wine, Dry vermouth, Orange bitters