Averna is a digestif amaro from Sicily. It was invented in 1868 by Salvatore Averna, and is primarily citrus flavored, but also contains other herbs and roots. It is colored with caramel.
Some popular cocktails containing Averna
- La Cola Nostra — Champagne, Guatemalan rum, Averna, Allspice Dram, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Lemon
- Averna Jimjam — Averna, Apricot liqueur, Lemon juice
- Guyanese Missile Crisis — Rum, Coffee liqueur, Averna, Orange peel, Cream, Demerara syrup
- Gun For Hire — Bourbon, Averna, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Islay Scotch
- Grounds For Divorce — Bourbon, Campari, Averna, Sweet vermouth