Averna is a digestif amaro from Sicily. It was invented in 1868 by Salvatore Averna, and is primarily citrus flavored, but also contains other herbs and roots. It is colored with caramel.
Some popular cocktails containing Averna
- Averna Jimjam — Averna, Apricot liqueur, Lemon juice
- Guyanese Missle Crisis — Rum, Coffee liqueur, Averna, Orange peel, Cream, Demerara syrup
- Rebannack — Rye, Averna, Strega, Peychaud's Bitters, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- La Cola Nostra — Champagne, Guatemalan rum, Averna, Allspice Dram, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Lemon
- Black Stacia — Bermuda rum, Sweet vermouth, Averna, Virgin Islands Rum, Falernum, Bitters