Averna is a digestif amaro from Sicily. It was invented in 1868 by Salvatore Averna, and is primarily citrus flavored, but also contains other herbs and roots. It is colored with caramel.
Some popular cocktails containing Averna
- Bells and Whistles — Bourbon, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Apricot liqueur, Amontillado Sherry, Averna
- La Cola Nostra — Champagne, Guatemalan rum, Averna, Allspice Dram, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Lemon
- Averna Jimjam — Averna, Apricot liqueur, Lemon juice
- Guyanese Missile Crisis — Rum, Coffee liqueur, Averna, Orange peel, Cream, Demerara syrup
- A Slow Dance with Pedro Infante — Crema de mezcal, Averna, Gran Classico