Campari, Amaro, Bourbon, Lemon juice
Shake, strain, straight up, cocktail glass
Widely misprinted to use Ramazzotti (including here, previously) -- a delicious variation.
Original Paper Plane has Aperol and Elijah Craig. Unclear whether Toby or Sammy created this variation, and whether the name change was intentional.
From other users
Even better with rye or Elijah Craig 12. Campari for sure.
Dan's Balsa Airplane version is by far my favorite. Grapefruit instead of lemon.
Delicious, well balanced, good sour notes. Used Jim Beam. Really good with Knob Creek. Jeff loved. Tried it both ways and prefer it with Ramazzotti. With Nonino, its all about the Campari and Lemon. With Ramazzotti, its more
- Paper Plane — Amaro, Aperol, Bourbon, Lemon juice
- Ten Month Anniversary — Campari, Rye, Lime juice
- Paper Jetplane — Amaro, Whiskey, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Avioncito — Amaro, Cynar, Tequila, Lime juice
- Esprit d'Escalier — Amaro, Aperol, Bourbon, Grapefruit juice
- Ragtime — Rye, Aperol, Amaro, Peychaud's Bitters, Absinthe, Orange peel
- SunRye — Campari, Rye, Orange peel, Orange juice, Orange bitters
- The Leaf Puller — Bitters, Demerara Rum, Orange juice, Orgeat
- Esprit du Mezcalier — Amaro, Mezcal, Grapefruit juice
- Crazed Fruit — Rhum Agricole, Amaro, Bianco Vermouth, Grapefruit bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, Orange peel