|3⁄4||oz||Bourbon, Buffalo Trace|
Shake, strain, straight up, cocktail glass
Widely misprinted to use Ramazzotti (including here, previously) -- a delicious variation.
Original Paper Plane has Aperol and Elijah Craig. Unclear whether Toby or Sammy created this variation, and whether the name change was intentional.
From other users
- Delicious, well balanced, good sour notes. Used Jim Beam. Really good with Knob Creek. Jeff loved. Tried it both ways and prefer it with Ramazzotti. With Nonino, its all about the Campari and Lemon. With Ramazzotti, its more
- Dan's Balsa Airplane version is by far my favorite. Grapefruit instead of lemon.
- Good stuff. Fruity (esp. grapefruity) but not at all too bright; does amazing twists on the swallow.
- Even better with rye or Elijah Craig 12. Campari for sure.
- Paper Plane — Amaro Nonino, Aperol, Bourbon, Lemon juice
- Corpse Defiler #666 — Campari, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Rye, Lemon juice
- Ten Month Anniversary — Campari, Rye, Lime juice
- What's He Building In There? — Bourbon, Amaro dell'Erborista, Islay Scotch, Lemon juice, Honey syrup
- Sugarcane Plane — Rum, Aperol, Averna, Lime juice, Grapefruit peel
- Plastic Kite — Bourbon, Ramazzotti, Campari, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Trinidad Special — Bitters, Añejo rum, Falernum, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Zwack Attack — Zwack Unicum, Bourbon, Bitters, Lemon juice, Honey syrup
- Drink Lab 9 - Join the fun — Campari, Sloe gin, Tequila, Lime juice
- Jhazmyne's Lullaby — Blanco tequila, Aperol, Campari, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Salt Solution