|1||sli||Lime (as garnish)|
Shake, strain, straight up, coupe, garnish.
Some may need some simple. PDT recommends Banks 5 Island rum.
Originally posted as 2oz rum, 1/2oz Maraschino and Lime, 1 oz Grapefruit, 1/2oz simple. According to the PDT this version did not have additional sugar because Hemingway was a diabetic.
From other users
- Tart, classic, delicous. Made with agricole (Rhum JM white).
- I also prefer Hess' ratio, which is what Wayne has in his book.
- I like the Hess ratios: 1.5 oz rum, 0.25 oz maraschino, 0.5 oz grapefruit, 0.75 oz simple, 0.75 oz lime.
- From Speakeasy, 1 3/4 oz. 10 Cane rum, 3/4 oz. Luxardo maraschino liqueur, 1 oz lime juice, 3/4 oz. grapefruit juice, 1/4 oz. simple syrup.
- 1.5 rum / 1 grapefruit / .5 lime / .5 Maraschino. Some might prefer .75 lime. Perfect.
- I enjoyed this with 1/4 oz simple syrup added.
- Also tasty with rhum agricole blanc, though next time I might dial back the rhum and boost the grapefruit a touch.
- The Mediation — Pisco, Limoncello, Cognac, Bitters, Lime juice, Egg white
- Easy Tiger — Tequila, Lime juice, Honey, Ginger
- East Coast Tommy Margarita — Tequila, Bitters, Lime juice, Agave syrup
- Castle Habour Special — Rum, Light rum, Lime juice, Grenadine, Pineapple
- Fitzcarraldo — Pisco, Pimm's No. 1 Cup, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Salt of the Earth — Blanco tequila, Triple sec, Lime juice, Agave syrup
- The Works Margarita — Tequila, Triple sec, Mezcal, Lime juice, Agave syrup, Lemon juice
- Northeaster — Vodka, Curaçao, Lime juice, Gran Classico
- The S.O.S. — Light rum, Aperol, Lime juice, Maple syrup, Club soda
- Electric Pink Fields — Light rum, Cassis, Lime juice, Tarragon