|1 1⁄4||oz||Lime juice (roughly; "juice of two small limes")|
Build in a glass over cracked or crushed, including the shells of the spent limes, and top with soda.
Winship's attempt at recreating the original recipe, a stiff mix of lemon- or limeade and absinthe, served by the historical Dr. Funk to his patients in Polynesia. Some will prefer it with less lime juice.
- Hedgehog in the Fog — Pastis, Soda water, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Mint
- The Ernesto — Blanco tequila, Apricot liqueur, Bitters, Pastis, Grapefruit soda, Honey syrup, Lime juice
- A Farewell to Hemingway — Kirschwasser, Soda water, Lime juice, Cherry syrup, Lime peel
- Paloma Sour — Blanco tequila, Grapefruit bitters, Grapefruit soda, Lime, Agave syrup, Lime juice, Egg white
- The Lizzie Asher — Pisco, Crème Yvette, Apricot liqueur, Ginger beer, Egg white, Lemon juice
- El Dorado — Tequila, Orange liqueur, Grapefruit bitters, Soda water, Grapefruit juice, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Cucumber Collins — Rum, Cucumber soda, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- La Nuestra Paloma — Tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Triple sec, Bitters, Club soda, Lime juice, Grapefruit juice
- Judge Smail's Highball — Tequila, Aperol, Grapefruit bitters, Grapefruit soda, Lime juice
- Second Serve — Amaro Montenegro, Fino sherry, Soda water, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Orange