Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Curaçao, Lime juice, Lime, Mint
Shake, strain, straight up, cocktail glass, garnish
This is Ted Haigh's preferred version. Another version omits the Curaçao and reduces the lime to 1/2 oz.
|Reference||Ted Haigh, Vintage Spirits and Forgotten Cocktails, p110|
|Posted by||Dan on 06/06/2010|
From other users
Made with 1/2oz. lime (which was plenty) and Punt e Mes. Not sure the bitterness really fit in--might be worth trying with Carpano Antica.
A bit too tart. Reduce the lime to 1/2 oz and serve with a sugar rim.
Overly sour, didn't quite work for me.
0.5 oz lime and Punt E Mes seems to be the way to go.
Used Punt e Mes. Reduce lime to 1/2 oz.
- Mark's Margarita — Tequila, Triple sec, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Bolero Cocktail — Dark rum, Brandy, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Orange juice
- Tiki Diki — Jamaican rum, Ginger liqueur, Licor 43, Grapefruit bitters, Bitters, Lime juice, Strawberry
- September Sour — Bourbon, Maraschino Liqueur, Simple syrup, Lemon juice, Lime juice, Bittermens Hellfire Habanero Shrub
- True Syrum — Rye, Triple sec, Herbal liqueur, Lime juice, Orange bitters
- Jamaica Rum Daiquiri — Jamaican rum, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Ancient Mariner — Jamaican rum, Demerara Rum, Allspice Dram, Lime juice, Grapefruit juice, Simple syrup, Mint
- Admiral Schley Punch — Bourbon, Virgin Islands Rum, Lime, Sugar, Pineapple, Mint
- Mount N' Rita — Whiskey, Lime juice, Bourbon liqueur, Simple syrup
- Haberdasher — Rye, Walnut Liqueur, Honey syrup, Lemon juice, Grapefruit juice