Dark 'n Stormy
Dark rum, Ginger beer, Lime
Build, rocks, highball, squeeze lime and drop into glass.
Dark 'n' Stormy® is a registered trademark of Goslings Export Limited.
People have enjoyed dark rum and ginger beer for hundreds of years, but in 1988, Gosling's Rum trademarked a name for the combination, and it caught on. Gosling's recommends only 1.5oz of rum and 4-5oz of ginger beer, presumably for sobriety / legal reasons. If made with another brand of rum, KC user inuakena points out that the drink should properly be called a Rum Mule to avoid infringing Gosling's trademark.
|Created by||19th Century inhabitants of the Caribbean|
|Posted by||Dan on 11/12/2010|
|Quickstart Cocktails||Highballs and Coolers|
From other users
Using Cruzan Blackstrap, I liked Goslings GB a lot, 4 oz of Maine Root GB was also good, 3 oz Reeds GB got the bronze and needed some extra lime.
- Suffering Bastard — Gin, Bourbon, Bitters, Ginger beer, Lime cordial, Mint, Orange
- The Paul Clifford — Rum, Ginger beer, Ginger, Orange, Lime
- Racer Chaser — Rum, Ginger beer, Lime, Cherry
- Dark and Stormy (Brad Thomas Parsons Recipe) — Bitters, Ginger beer, Bermuda rum, Simple syrup, Lime
- Moscow Mule — Vodka, Ginger beer, Lime juice
- Glasgow Mule — Blended Scotch, Elderflower liqueur, Bitters, Ginger beer, Lemon juice
- Jean Genie — Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Ginger beer
- Melonette Mule — Light rum, Bitters, Ginger beer, Kiwi, Orange peel
- 10 Penny Mule — Gin, Ginger liqueur, Ginger beer, Lemon juice, Lemon, Mint
- St. Barths Buck — Ginger beer, Blended rum, Coconut Water, Hum, Lime juice