Alaska Cocktail (aka Emerald Martini)
Gin, Herbal liqueur, Orange bitters
Stir, strain, straight up, cocktail glass.
The ratios suggest for this cocktail vary from 2:1 to 8:1. I've selected a relatively dry 6:1. Serve very cold to avoid excess sweetness. Alternatively, use more Chartreuse and balance with lemon, dry sherry, or top with dry sparkling wine.
|Created by||Unknown. Savoy or earlier.|
|Posted by||Dan on 06/06/2010|
From other users
Make with another recipe calling for 1 oz of chartreuse, which required lemon to balance it. Next time try this recipe with 3/8 oz lemon juice.
- Leopold Meeks — Gin, Grapefruit bitters, Herbal liqueur, Simple syrup
- Napoleon — Gin, Fernet Branca, Curaçao, Aromatized wine, Lemon peel
- Vesper — Gin, Vodka, Aromatized wine, Lemon zest
- #42 — Gin, Dry vermouth, Bitters, Honey syrup
- 1022 Martini — Gin, Eau de Vie of Douglas Fir, Aromatized wine
- Gin Basil Julep — Gin, Sugar, Basil
- Off The Vine — Gin, Vodka, Celery bitters, Aromatized wine, Lemon juice
- Strange Mercy — Genever, Gin, Peychaud's Bitters, Tea syrup, Orange bitters, Lemon peel
- Gin Old Fashioned — Gin, Triple sec, Bitters
- Obituary Cocktail — Gin, Absinthe, Dry vermouth