Stir, strain, straight up, cocktail glass.
The ratios suggest for this cocktail vary from 2:1 to 8:1. I've selected a relatively dry 6:1. Serve very cold to avoid excess sweetness. Alternatively, use more Chartreuse and balance with lemon, dry sherry, or top with dry sparkling wine.
From other users
- Make with another recipe calling for 1 oz of chartreuse, which required lemon to balance it. Next time try this recipe with 3/8 oz lemon juice.
- Made with 1.5 Sin Liquor's Hedgetrimmer gin and .75 chartreuse
- An excellent cocktail. Simple but solid.
- Leopold Meeks — Gin, Herbal liqueur, Grapefruit bitters, Simple syrup
- Northern Lights (Christian Clark) — Gin, Herbal liqueur, Orange bitters, Absinthe
- Obituary Cocktail — Gin, Absinthe, Dry vermouth
- 1022 Martini — Gin, Eau de vie of Douglas Fir, Aromatized wine
- Dorflinger Revisited — Gin, Absinthe, Orange bitters, Lemon peel, Orange peel