Velvet Falernum (a.k.a. John D. Taylor's Velvet Falernum) is a commercial brand of falernum made on the island of Barbados by the R. L. Seale company. It was invented in 1890 by the eponymous Taylor, but was out of the United States market for years before being re-introduced by Haus Alpenz. It is 22 proof.
Some popular cocktails containing Velvet Falernum
- Tribe of the Horned Heart — Kirschwasser, Islay Scotch, Falernum, Soda water, Lime juice, Vanilla syrup
- The Music Orange — Gin, Falernum, Bitters, Orange juice, Lemon juice, Egg white
- Campari Swizzle — Chinato, Falernum, Campari, Lemon juice, Martinique Rum
- Omaha Sling — Añejo rum, Falernum, Ginger ale, Blackberry shrub, Lemon juice
- Agnostic Monk — Rye, Bénédictine, Islay Scotch, Falernum, Lactart