Scarlet Ibis is a brand of rum distilled in Trinidad and Tobago by Trinidad Distillers. It was originally conceived as a private labelled rum for Death & Co., a cocktail bar in New York. Scarlet Ibis is a blend of three to five year old Trinidad rums, and is 98 proof.
Scarlet Ibis rum is golden in color and clear. The nose smells estery and funky, with the alcohol being prevalent. It has a nice burnt sugary sweetness, with the alcohol providing texture and interest in the midpalate. Flowers, burnt sugar, and almonds round out the finish.
Scarlet Ibis is imported by Haus Alpenz.
Some popular cocktails containing Scarlet Ibis
- Midnight Mass — Rum, Cardamaro, Bénédictine, Bitters, Orange peel
- Letters of Marque — Trinidad rum, Cynar, Galliano, Curaçao, Orange peel
- Mosquito Coast — Rum, Allspice Dram, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Lime
- Knotty Pine — Cynar, Rum, Zirbenz Stone Pine Liqueur, Lemon juice
- Javanese Daiquiri — Trinidad rum, Batavia Arrack, Lime cordial, Curry, Lime