Honey syrup is a type of simple syrup where the sugar is replaced by honey. It can be as simply as stirring one part warm water into two parts of honey until combined. Alternatively, it can be made 1:1 with vodka in lieu of water, resulting in 20% ABV, enough for good preservation. Refrigerate for best shelf life.
Editor's note: Our thanks to Stephen (Boston Apothecary) for the vodka tip.
Some popular cocktails containing Honey syrup
- Sacrilege — Irish whiskey, Cardamaro, Sweet vermouth, Lemon juice, Honey syrup
- Baby Grand — Bourbon, Licor 43, Bitters, Lemon juice, Honey syrup
- Beekeeper's Apprentice — Amaro Sibilla, Herbal liqueur, Honey syrup, Lemon juice
- Honey Badger — Gin, Licor 43, Lemon juice, Honey syrup, Orange cream citrate, Orange peel
- Flu Cure Toddy — Dark rum, Apple brandy, Jägermeister, Lemon juice, Honey syrup