Honey syrup is a type of simple syrup where the sugar is replaced by honey. It can be as simply as stirring one part warm water into two parts of honey until combined. Alternatively, it can be made 1:1 with vodka in lieu of water, resulting in 20% ABV, enough for good preservation. Refrigerate for best shelf life.
Editor's note: Our thanks to Stephen (Boston Apothecary) for the vodka tip.
Some popular cocktails containing Honey syrup
- Sacrilege — Irish whiskey, Cardamaro, Sweet vermouth, Lemon juice, Honey syrup
- M5 Raspberry Punch — Gin, Maraschino Liqueur, Grapefruit juice, Lemon juice, Honey syrup
- Flu Cure Toddy — Dark rum, Apple brandy, Jägermeister, Lemon juice, Honey syrup
- Milwaukie — Kinnickinnic Whiskey, Dry vermouth, Rehorst Citrus & Honey Vodka, Orange bitters, Honey syrup, Pineapple
- Zanadu — Gin, Dry vermouth, Campari, Elderflower liqueur, Honey syrup