Dolin is a producer of vermouth based in the village of Chambery, in southeastern France near the French Alps. Dolin has produced vermouth since 1821 from a local blend of up to 54 herbs and spices native to the region. These herbs and spices include chinchona, wormwood, rose petal, genepi, chamomile and hyssop.
Dolin makes sweet, dry, and bianco vermouths, though they are all based in white wine. Dolin vermouths are typically more subtle and delicate than other versions. All their vermouths have a high percentage (between 75 and 80) of wine in the finished product.
In 1932, Dolin vermouths were granted Appelation d'Origene Controlee status by the French government. They are the only vermouth producer to have an AOC. The sweet and bianco versions are 32 proof, and the dry is 35, due to a lower sugar content of around 30 grams per liter.
Dolin vermouths are imported by Haus Alpenz.
Some popular cocktails containing Dolin
- Sex In the Rumble Seat — Old Tom Gin, Apple brandy, Dry vermouth, Peach liqueur, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Grenadine
- Negroni Sans — Gin, Dry vermouth, Sweet vermouth, Sanbitter, Lime juice
- The Claridge — Gin, Dry vermouth, Triple sec, Apricot liqueur
- Teenage Riot — Rye, Cynar, Amontillado Sherry, Dry vermouth, Orange bitters
- Expat — Dry vermouth, Sloe gin, Sweet vermouth, Peychaud's Bitters, Lemon juice, Lemon peel