Woodford Reserve is a brand of Bourbon made at the Woodford Reserve distillery near Versailles, Kentucky. Woodford Reserve is owned by Brown-Forman, who in 1993 re-opened and re-named their Old Oscar Pepper distillery, which they had shuttered in 1971. In 2000, the distillery was placed on the National Register of Historic Places. Woodford Reserve was first released in 1996, and at while early production was aging, the first bottlings of Woodford Reserve were older barrels of Early Times, another Brown-Forman label.
Woodford Reserve makes a regular bottling, which is 90.4 proof. It is the official Bourbon of the Kentucky Derby, and Woodford has commissioned artists to design labels for each running of the race.
Woodford Reserve also makes a line of Bourbon called Master's Collection - these are 100% pot still Bourbon, and are roughly twice the price of the regular bottling:
- 2005 -- Four grain (corn, rye, barley. wheat)
- 2006 -- Four grain (corn, rye, barley, wheat)
- 2007 -- regular Woodford Reserve finished in used Sonoma-Cutrer "Les Pierres" casks
- 2008 -- regular Woodford Reserve made using a sweet mash formula
- 2009 -- Maple barrel finished
Some popular cocktails containing Woodford Reserve
- Nation Of Two — Bourbon, Herbal liqueur, Sweet vermouth, Black peppercorns
- Battle Of Algiers — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Herbal liqueur, Black peppercorns
- Brown Billycock — Bourbon, Grapefruit bitters, Grapefruit soda, Honey syrup, Lemon juice, Lemon
- How Many Pecks in a Bushel — Bourbon, Spiced Rum, Cherry Bark Vanilla Bitters, Blackstrap Bitters, Apple Shrub
- Woody Sour — Bourbon, Rye, Allspice Dram, Bitters, Lemon juice, Demerara syrup