Vieux Carré is a brand of absinthe produced by the Philadelphia Distilling company in Philadephia, Pennsylvania. Vieux Carré was the first legal absinthe distilled on the East Coast since the repeal of the ban of the importation of absinthe in 2008.
Master Distiller John Cassell uses Grande and Petite Wormwood, Green Anise, Melissa, Star Anise, Sweet Provence Fennel, Ginepi, Hyssop and Spearmint in a maceration before distilling the spirit in a copper pot still.
Vieux Carré is not artificially colored, and it is only lightly filtered to preserve aroma and flavor components. It louches opalescent. Vieux Carré is bottled at 120 proof.
Some popular cocktails containing Vieux Carré
- Algorithm — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Absinthe, Bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, Pineapple juice
- USS Bomber — Absinthe, Blue Curaçao, Suze, Peychaud's Bitters, Lemon juice, Coconut syrup, Mint
- Black Mirror — Absinthe, Falernum, Bitters, Lime juice, Soda water, Vanilla syrup, Mint
- Recherché — Light rum, Fino sherry, Falernum, Absinthe, Lemon juice, Vanilla syrup
- DuBois — Floc de Gascogne, Armagnac blanche, Suze, Absinthe, Lemon peel