Vanilla syrup is a type of simple syrup flavored with vanilla, usually the vanilla bean over vanilla extract. Vanilla simple syrup can be made by adding a split vanilla bean to simple syrup once it's off the heat. Cover the pan and let the bean steep for 20-30 minutes, until cool.
Vanilla extract can be added to cooled simple syrup, though it will affect the color and not have quite the aromatic punch.
Some popular cocktails containing Vanilla syrup
- Tea and Krampus — Jamaican rum, Blackberry liqueur, Allspice Dram, Bitters, Lime juice, Vanilla syrup, Pineapple juice, Nutmeg
- Port of Havana — White port, Grapefruit bitters, Bitters, Lime juice, Vanilla syrup
- Sin Jefe — Reposado Tequila, Amère Sauvage, Vanilla syrup, Yuzu juice, Grapefruit juice, Vanilla extract
- Mutineer — Blended rum, Allspice Dram, Pomegranate juice, Lime juice, Vanilla syrup
- Poire liquide Hélène — Poire William, Chocolate bitters, Candied violet, Vanilla syrup, Lemon peel