Vanilla syrup is a type of simple syrup flavored with vanilla, usually the vanilla bean over vanilla extract. Vanilla simple syrup can be made by adding a split vanilla bean to simple syrup once it's off the heat. Cover the pan and let the bean steep for 20-30 minutes, until cool.
Vanilla extract can be added to cooled simple syrup, though it will affect the color and not have quite the aromatic punch.
Some popular cocktails containing Vanilla syrup
- Tea and Krampus — Jamaican rum, Blackberry liqueur, Allspice Dram, Bitters, Lime juice, Vanilla syrup, Pineapple juice, Nutmeg
- Port of Havana — White port, Grapefruit bitters, Bitters, Lime juice, Vanilla syrup
- Sin Jefe — Reposado Tequila, Amère Sauvage, Vanilla syrup, Yuzu juice, Grapefruit juice, Vanilla extract
- The Mauser — Fino sherry, Amontillado Sherry, Moscatel Sherry, Peychaud's Bitters, Bitters, Lime juice, Grapefruit juice, Vanilla syrup, Grenadine, Ginger syrup, Mint
- Soda Jerk — Tequila, Campari, Cola, Egg white, Passion fruit puree, Vanilla syrup, Lime juice, Lime peel