Vanilla syrup is a type of simple syrup flavored with vanilla, usually the vanilla bean over vanilla extract. Vanilla simple syrup can be made by adding a split vanilla bean to simple syrup once it's off the heat. Cover the pan and let the bean steep for 20-30 minutes, until cool.
Vanilla extract can be added to cooled simple syrup, though it will affect the color and not have quite the aromatic punch.
Some popular cocktails containing Vanilla syrup
- Port of Havana — White port, Grapefruit bitters, Bitters, Lime juice, Vanilla syrup
- Sin Jefe — Reposado Tequila, Amère Sauvage, Vanilla syrup, Yuzu juice, Grapefruit juice, Vanilla extract
- Valeira Gorge — Tawny port, Blended rum, Bitters, Crushed ice, Coconut Water, Vanilla syrup, Lime juice
- Shots and Stripes Forever — Gin, Blue Curaçao, Peychaud's Bitters, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Vanilla syrup
- Soda Jerk — Tequila, Campari, Cola, Egg white, Passion fruit puree, Vanilla syrup, Lime juice, Lime peel