Sugar cube is a form of sugar that is compressed into a cube. Sugar cubes should be wet with a liquid ingredient then muddled briefly before adding the remaining ingredients, as it will dissolve faster, and lead to less undissolved sugar in the finished cocktail.
Some popular cocktails containing Sugar cube
- Sazerac 1962 — Rye, Peychaud's Bitters, Herbal liqueur, Sugar cube, Lemon peel
- Little Easy — Blended Scotch, Averna, Orange bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, Pastis, Sugar cube, Orange peel
- 1815 Sutherland Highlanders — Scotch, Fernet Branca, Peychaud's Bitters, Absinthe, Sugar cube
- After-Dinner Sazerac — Japanese Whisky, Bitters, Coffee liqueur, Sugar cube, Kaffir lime leaf
- Griffith Park Swizzle — Bourbon, Bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, Absinthe, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Sugar cube, Mint