Salt Solution is salt dissolved into water. It can be used to enhance savory flavors in cocktails, and to increase the perception of bitter, mineral, or sour flavors.
Salt is one of the five primary flavors (along with sweet, sour, bitter, and umami -- savoryness).
Some popular cocktails containing Salt Solution
- Kombu Holler — Corn Whiskey, Bitters, Lime peel, Lime juice, Kombu syrup, Saline
- The Black Stallion Sets Sail — Virgin Islands Rum, Aromatized wine, Campari, Fernet Branca, Salt Solution, Orange peel
- Cadiz Cathedral — Sherry, Cognac, Oloroso sherry, Byrrh, Sweet vermouth, Salt Solution
- In times like these, bitter is better than nothing — Rye, Aromatized wine, Cynar, Bitters, Islay Scotch, Salt Solution, Lemon peel, Absinthe, Peychaud's Bitters
- My Fair Lady — Rye, Averna, Montenegro, Herbal liqueur, Simple syrup, Grapefruit juice, Lime juice, Salt Solution, Grapefruit peel