Salt Solution is salt dissolved into water. It can be used to enhance savory flavors in cocktails, and to increase the perception of bitter, mineral, or sour flavors.
Salt is one of the five primary flavors (along with sweet, sour, bitter, and umami -- savoryness).
Some popular cocktails containing Salt Solution
- In times like these, bitter is better than nothing — Rye, Aromatized wine, Cynar, Bitters, Islay Scotch, Salt Solution, Lemon peel, Absinthe, Peychaud's Bitters
- My Fair Lady — Rye, Averna, Montenegro, Herbal liqueur, Simple syrup, Grapefruit juice, Lime juice, Salt Solution, Grapefruit peel
- The Dillinger — Gin, Bianco Vermouth, Salt Solution
- Jhazmyne's Lullaby — Blanco tequila, Aperol, Campari, Orange bitters, Lemon juice, Salt Solution
- Pantone — Bourbon, Triple sec, Kummel, Lemon juice, Beet juice, Ginger syrup, Salt Solution